Thoughts and Memories

Just a man and his thoughts

Saturday, April 18, 2009

School. Again.

My final long break will soon be over. After I get back to school, it's straight studies, then a week of holiday, then to the final year project and attachment. This is it. No more breaks until graduation.

I was posted to the Digital Entertainment track for my year 3 studies, meaning I'll get to make games. Should I be happy? Yeah, I should be, but I'm not. Rather, my current feelings about this is something along the line of 'Meh, just another irrelevant obstacle I must break through to achieve my goal.' My goal is to become a mangaka, not to make games. Game making is for other people, not me. My life belongs to the world of anime.

I wouldn't be this upset if I was doing stuff that I like. Instead, I have to group up with a bunch of people I don't know to create a functional game for grading. Ugh. I don't think I have the ability to convince them to make a Visual Novel as well. I wouldn't mind doing a Visual Novel game... at the very least, I can draw the characters and scenes required. I somehow think that the group I will be in will decide to make some overly cliche failure of a "game". Nothing much I can do even if I were to worry about this, so I won't. Here's to hoping my final year in NYP is uneventful.


My manga project is really taking off now. The script that I had planned up till Book 3 has already been jotted down. Characters are named, and in the process of designing. So far, I've only drawn out four, but I already know how the other characters will turn out. It's all in my head. My secret folder consists of 1.3MB worth of a combination of WordPad and NotePad files. All of these were done in the duration of this holiday. I started off earlier than this though, around December last year. But I forgot all about it because of school stuff. School work will not stop me this time however. No matter how busy I am, I'll always find time to sit down and work on my manga. Who knows? If things goes well, I may try to sell a one-shot manga at Cosfest 2010. It's always good to establish a small fanbase early.

Believe it or not, I have already sorta planned how my future is going to play out. I estimated that I will be around 28 or 29 years of age before my first manga gets released to the public, and that's if nothing really major goes wrong (I calculated all the minor problems, but not the major ones). If there wasn't a need to go into the army, shell 3 years off of that estimated age. National Service is just a waste of time in my book. I was going to change my citizenship to Japanese anyway.

All in all, some final thoughts before I end this one.

"Nice holiday."
"I feel empty knowing that 98% of my poly friends would not be with me during the 3rd year"
"The only friend I know that's coming along with me is taking another semestral project, so I have to group up with random people I don't know. Shit."
"I'm not allowed to fail any quizs or tests up till Week 8, else I'll be forced to withdraw from my Japanese module? Fuck.
"Again, I want a girlfriend. Although I'm not sure if having a girlfriend at this point will tie me down from the plans that I've made."
"Phoenix Wright for Cosfest 2009? Awesome. Huge problems though."
"......."
"My father keeps asking me if I have enough money to spend. Does he think that I throw my money around? I have more than enough, I don't even spend much nowadays. Saving up for a trip to Japan is more important."
"I need somebody to hug. I miss the feeling of hugging Bumboat."
"I wonder if I can still manage to contact some of my old friends. I have to tell them about the manga I'm dedicating to them is well on it's way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home