Thoughts and Memories

Just a man and his thoughts

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Manga Plot Scenarios

Way back during my secondary school days, I discovered my love for drawing. It was during then that I literally swore to produce a manga about my class when I got pro. I still haven't forgotten that "oath". Many ideas popped out inside my head these past few years for my manga, one of them are formulated together with a few of my friends. Here are some of the more interesting ideas:


Scenario #1: Forever Fantasy 4/2

Yeah, stupid name, I know. Basically, the plot is about the students in 4/2 discovering a conspiracy in their school. The school principal, Mr Ang, along with several of the faculty staff, were in fact attempting to create an alternate world in which technology was at it's bare minimal, and were replaced by stuff you normally only see in games, such as monsters, magics, and adventurers. Of course, Mr Ang was planning to take over as the supreme ruler of said created world, creating a massive army of magic wielders and invading into our current world.

Attempting to confront Mr Ang in his office, the students of class 4/2 have accidentely triggered the early birth of the alternate world. Because of it's unstable state, gateways appears throughout the globe, linking the alternate world with reality. However, only those that have witnessed the birth of the alternate world are able to see and use said gateways to travel between the 2 worlds. Enraged, Mr Ang took advantage of the situation and forcibly threw every student of class 4/2 into the alternate world. Scattered and lost in a strange new world, the students of 4/2 attempts to reunite and confront Mr Ang once again, putting everything back to normal.

I could see this going somewhere, but I'd rather draw and write a story based on my real secondary school life. So this idea was junked rather early. Another problem is that this scenario is more suited to be a game scenario instead of a manga one.

Other ideas I had that tie in to this once includes a sidequest of sorts involving all the characters getting gender-bent and have to try to get back to their normal selves. This scenario was put together with a group of my best buddies. Kinda wasted that I'm not planning to use it after all. But I can see myself coming back and revising this scenario for my future mangas.


Scenario #2: Today in Class 4/2 (Due to copyright purposes [Kyo no Go no Ni], this is only a temperory title)

No plot elements will be disclosed, as this one is the current working copy. I'm aiming to make this one a 'Slice of Life' and a 'Comedy' manga. Names for everybody is changed. Register numbers remains the same. If this manga ever goes live, I'm pretty sure my mates in 4/2 will recognise it right away.


Scenario #3: Mahou no Enpitsu (Loosely translated as Magical Pencil, again, title isn't finalised)

Okay, this one has nothing to do with my class, but I felt this was a good idea for a story.

The story follows Souji, a introvert otaku mangaka whose mangas never sells.

The genre for this scenario would be 'Romance', 'Fantasy' and 'Comedy'. I really like how expansive this scenario can be. A pencil that makes drawings come to life is every artists' dream. A lot of ideas can be gotten out from this point alone. This one will probably be my next manga series after my class manga, provided I get that far.

Edit: I deleted the 'plot' section of this scenario. Just in case I want to use it in the future. The above 2 paragraphs are all that's left.


That's it. Ideas ,I have. The drive to draw it out on paper, I have not. ...I need a girlfriend for that drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home