Thoughts and Memories

Just a man and his thoughts

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Time Hollow

2 days ago, I came across this excellent game on the Nintendo DS titled 'Time Hollow'. It's an adventure game, with elements similar to the Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice series, minus yelling 'Objection!' of course. Like the title suggest, this game has a lot to do with 'Time'. The game's plot involves a teenager named Ethan Kairos, who inherited a pen called the 'Hollow Pen', which allows him to open up a 'hole' to a certain time and location. The whole game is basically you controlling Ethan running around to fix events which aren't meant to happen. A few examples would be, his parents disappearing, his best friend's sister getting murdered, and another friend getting accused of murder.

The story itself is very interesting. I finished the game in one sitting because I kept wanting to find out what happened next. The game itself is well worth a purchase, or a download, if you're a pirate. Many events of the game WILL confuse the player. Said confusions mostly involves 'Time', again. Like 2 similar entities existing on a particular frame at the same time. The details itself are hard to explain, and can only be understood by playing the game itself.

My own personal thoughts are that time travel is virtually impossible, at least back to the past. If travelling back to the past was indeed possible, then shouldn't we have already seen men from the future? Travelling to the future may prove to be possible, through scientific means of preserving your still living body and mind in a cold statis chamber, and only unlocking it after a few hundred years. Then again, men from the future could be so damn advanced, that they're invisible to our naked eyes right now. Another possibility would be, since we don't see men from the future, it may mean humanity don't have a future. We may all die out due to some freak disease or epidemic 10 years down the road. Yet another possibility is the term known as 'Parellel Worlds'. The meaning of this can be easily googled and found out, so I won't go into much detail. And that's all for time travel.

...

I like to draw. I really do. My 2 aunts used to dissuade me from pursueing a drawing career, and told me to only draw as a pasttime. Screw it. I'm going pro. ....although, I seriously can't find much, if any decent time to practice drawing. My eyesight is getting worse, and that's because I only draw at night, with only the computer monitor, and a desk light as lighting. In my house, or my family, there's never a quiet moment. Every room, save for the bathroom or storeroom, are always occupied. I once tried to draw in my room, with my brother watching anime using the computer, and extremely loud TV noise from my grandparents outside. Whew, bad experience. I ended up chucking my half-assed done drawing along with several completed (and nice) ones out the window. The only times I can draw peacefully, is when the majority of my family is out, leaving only one or two at most at home(not including myself), or when the whole of my family is out. These moments are extremely few and far between, and I usually spend most of those moments watching hentai.

I want to move out. Unfortunately, Nanyang Polytechnic's domitories are only for foreign lecturers, and not for students. No go there. My parents can not afford a seperate flat at this point of time as well, so that's out too. As for my own money... I barely have enough to purchase my drawing supplies, let alone a flat. Sometimes, I do envy my friend Aaron, who has a flat of his own. Well, not technically his flat, but still, it feels damn good to look forward to peace and quiet when you get back from school, especially after a long and tiring day.

Hmm. 'Peace and Quiet'. I'll never get to understand the true meaning of this phrase until I finally move out on my own, which will be a damn long while. It might be true that family are important. But I just had about enough with having to endure volume 19(mind you, that's really loud) of a dumb cantonese show every single day. Even retreating back to my room doesn't help, as it's usually populated by either my brother or my sister. My mum comes in sometimes to sit for a while too, if she has the time.

The end result is that I am practically forced to draw at night. And that's usually at around 2 or 3am in the morning, because of gaming (which I'm trying to severely cut down). My drawing skills might have improved, but my eyesight is getting worse. I gauge my eyesight using an 'Out' sign which I can see from my window. I used to be able to see it perfectly, but the words are getting blurry now. So much for 'Once you're at a certain age, your degree won't go up anymore' huh.

As for the class photo I explained in my previous post, I've scrapped that completely. Again. Instead, I have been drawing Monster Hunter related stuff. Weapons, portraits of my character, etc. I've only completed one drawing of Sylvia (my Monster Hunter Character) wearing full Rathalos Soul Z, and wielding Juggernaut (a hammer), with various other weapons I usually use lying on the ground beneath her feet. I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out actually. All that's left is shading, and I can start on my brother's and all my friends' characters.

Hopefully, by the time I finish everything, I would have accumulated enough post counts to show off my drawings at Hongfire.com. ~_~

Gaming Obsession: Low (getting lower by the day)
Anime Obsession: Medium (new anime)
Hentai Obsession: High (no chance of this going down)
Drawing Obsession: Low - Mid (usually don't have the mood to draw because of points pointed above)

And that's it. Hopefully by the time I make my next post, I can replace my old gaming obsession (which was Very High) with my drawing obsession. Gaming just gets boring now.

Guess I'm getting too old for this crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home