Thoughts and Memories

Just a man and his thoughts

Friday, April 24, 2009

Stressed over school work? Seriously?

The first week is finally over. It's been a tough week. So tough, that I nearly broke down after I got home earlier today. After experiencing the first week, I can say without any doubts, that games development is definitely not for me. My teacher told me that there were no more available spaces in the other tracks, so, looks like I have to stick with it till the end. 16 more weeks to go.

The people that knows me can definitely knows that I rarely, if not ever, stresses and worries over school work. They'll be shocked to see me now. In fact, I'm even shocked myself. Shocked that I actually started to worry about school work. Well, technically speaking, I'm not worried about the school work itself, I'm actually worried about how I'm going to cope with all this. I think of myself as a strong lad. Maybe not strong physically, but very strong mentally. This, however, is starting to chip off at my sanity. And it's only the first week. Looking back at how I nearly broke down just 30 minutes ago, I'm scared.

A brief pep-talk from Melvin reinforced this in my head: 'You just need to pass to get your Diploma.'. I also linked this to what Rick said. "The top 5% are geniuses, but what about that 5.1%? They are idiots just like you and me.". Fucked up, but true. So basically, this is what I'm going to do from Week 2 onwards. I'll slack and rot around during classes. All the teachers doesn't teach anyways. For assignments, I just need to fulfill whatever that is needed to pass. Same thing applies to quizzes, tests, and projects. Just pass. A 'D'. That's all I need. I don't need to challenge the elitists to a comparison of grades. I don't need to listen what they say. I don't need to know that they finished their work way faster than I did. I don't need to know that I'm the weakest link in the class. I JUST NEED TO PASS.

The redeeming factors are the last and first classes on Wednesdays and Fridays respectively. They are fun. I have National Education on Wednesday. It's basically just a fun module WITH NO GRADINGS that I get to attend with all my friends. There are field trips and excursions organized for us to. Fun stuff. On Friday, I have Communication Skills 3. Fun subject. Easy to pass, outgoing teacher, and fun lecture. Coincidentally, my Com Skills teacher's name is Sarah, she's a female indian. Similar to the Sarah in my manga, who is based off an indian.

Lets hope my sanity meter lasts me 16 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home