Thoughts and Memories

Just a man and his thoughts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The End of Another Chapter

Today officially marks the final day I'll be spending at the house I have been living in for the past nine years. The reason's pretty simple. My family is moving. The actual move starts only on the 27th, but I am flying off to India for a military exercise later on at night. Said exercise lasts for 3 weeks, at least for me and a few others. Therefore, by the time I get back to Singapore, my family would already have moved to the location of my new house.

Now, this stirs quite a little bit of mixed feelings inside of myself. I am definitely sad that I will never be able to see the house I've been staying in for these few years again. I actually like this particular place a lot. More than my previous 2 places of residence. Although my neighbours here are fucked up, the environment itself is great. This coupled with the fact that I'm going to India - which I detest the very thought of - makes me feel a tinge of sadness within. If it wasn't for this exercise, or for National Service for that matter, I would have been able to spend the last few days of my life in this house in peace. My parents would have gotten the help that they needed to shift the plethora of crap we have lying around the house. Well, this just plain sucks. The very most I can do right now is to take pictures of this house with my mobile phone, and relieve the happy days when needed.

Still another year and 3 months to go before I ORD. Time could not be passing anymore slower than it is now. I yearn, with all my being, the day I can finally shout 'ORD LOH'. The day when I can finally be free again. Like I told a lot of people, if it wasn't for this mandatory 2 years of army, I could have already flew to Japan for my course already. I seriously wonder: "Does the government not care that the youths of many Singaporean males are wasted?" 2 years is not a short amount of time. The things we could have accomplished within these 2 years are surely enough to topple the "importance" of National Service. Gah. Well, it's not like complaining's going to do anything. The voice of a single unimportant guy like myself isn't worth crap. The only thing to do now is to "suck thumb" and await the passage of time.

Oh, and congratulations to my brother, who just ORD'd 2 days ago. Enjoy your free time bro. You've earned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home